National

New safety team and resilience fund unveiled in Saint John
Posted 2 December 2025

New safety team and resilience fund unveiled in Saint John

A round‑the‑clock safety team and new business fund are being introduced in Saint John. The city announced a two‑year pilot program that will see a Community Safety and Security Team deployed in Waterloo Village, Uptown, and near local shelters. The team will operate around the clock, focusing...

READ MORE
Woman charged for speeding at more than double limit in Halifax: police
Posted 2 December 2025

Woman charged for speeding at more than double limit in Halifax: police

Halifax police have charged a man for stunting after allegedly speeding at more than double the legal speed on Monday morning. At around 9:25 a.m., police saw the car driving inbound on Highway 102 toward Bayers Road and clocked her vehicle travelling 112 km/h in a 50 km/h zone. The driver, a...

READ MORE
Twenty-One Pilots and Sombr to perform in Cavendish
Posted 2 December 2025

Twenty-One Pilots and Sombr to perform in Cavendish

Sommo Festival in Cavendish, PEI, has announced two of its headlining acts for 2026. Twenty-One Pilots and Sombr will perform on September 11 and 12. Grammy-winning duo Twenty One Pilots rose to global fame with their breakthrough album Blurryface and hit singles “Stressed Out” and “Ride.”...

READ MORE
Text message scam alleging to be from Access Nova Scotia
Posted 2 December 2025

Text message scam alleging to be from Access Nova Scotia

Service Nova Scotia is alerting residents of a scam alert. They are letting people know to disregard text messages from Access Nova Scotia saying you received a credit from 2024 registration fees. It is recommended that you delete the text message, not reply, and do not open any links sent. The...

READ MORE
Provincial government continues support for addiction treatment
Posted 2 December 2025

Provincial government continues support for addiction treatment

A new substance use treatment facility will open on the Kingston Peninsula in 2026. “People living with addiction deserve dignity, compassion and to know that help is within reach when they need it,” Premier Susan Holt said in a statement about the project. The 50-bed facility will be operated...

READ MORE
Proposed amendment could help renew Saint John’s north end
Posted 2 December 2025

Proposed amendment could help renew Saint John’s north end

Saint John Common Council will consider an amendment to the municipal plan that could revitalize the city’s north end. Public notice was issued last week that a public presentation of the proposed amendment, adoption of the North End Neighbourhood Plan, will be held at the Dec. 15 meeting of...

READ MORE
Halifax satire writer fools Time Magazine with made up quote
Posted 2 December 2025

Halifax satire writer fools Time Magazine with made up quote

A man with roots in Halifax who writes for a Canadian satire site says it was very funny when a quote from his article on Canada/U.S. relations was used as fact in Time Magazine. And a little scary. Living in Ontario, Ian MacIntyre editor and writer at The Beaverton, wrote a piece on October 1...

READ MORE
Mariners Centre hires new CEO
Posted 2 December 2025

Mariners Centre hires new CEO

A new CEO for the Mariners Centre. Dave Tompkins will join the facility in January. He comes from Charlottetown, PEI where he held a senior leadership role at the Royalty Centre. In a release, the Mariners Centre board says Tompkins brings extensive experience in multi-use recreation management,...

READ MORE
New liverpool long-term care home named the Neighbourhoods of Dogwood Lane
Posted 2 December 2025

New liverpool long-term care home named the Neighbourhoods of Dogwood Lane

The new long-term care facility being built in Liverpool now has an official name: The Neighbourhoods of Dogwood Lane. The name was unveiled Friday morning at an event attended by Queens MLA Kim Masland, Region of Queens Mayor Scott Christian, municipal councillors, senior staff, and residents...

READ MORE
Man charged after manhunt in Enfield prompted 3 emergency alerts
News by News
Posted 2 December 2025

Man charged after manhunt in Enfield prompted 3 emergency alerts

A 39-year-old man is facing weapons charges after an intense manhunt over the weekend in the Halifax area that prompted three emergency alerts. RCMP say it was just before 10 a.m., Saturday, when officers responded to a report of a man with a sawed-off shotgun on Oldham Road. They learned the...

READ MORE