National

SLFNHA releases report on cancer
Posted 3 September 2025

SLFNHA releases report on cancer

A new report on cancer on remote northern First Nations finds persistent inequalities for screening, cancer care, and health outcomes. The study conducted by the Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority shows a higher incidence of certain cancers. It finds that colorectal, breast, lung,...

READ MORE
Man charged in Greater Moncton arsons
Posted 3 September 2025

Man charged in Greater Moncton arsons

A man has been charged with several counts of arson after a series of fires in Greater Moncton. Mounties said they responded to two separate arsons “within hours of each other” in downtown Moncton on Monday. “Early in their investigation, police were able to quickly identify a person of...

READ MORE
Tribute at StFX in memory of Fr. Stan
Posted 3 September 2025

Tribute at StFX in memory of Fr. Stan

A tribute to a beloved StFX alumni who passed away this spring. An installation in the memory of Father Stan has been placed overlooking the StFX stadium. It has his famous chant, “GoXGo” on it. Stan graduated in the class of 1984, a long time ambassador of the school, died in May at the age of...

READ MORE
Man arrested after Moncton standoff
Posted 3 September 2025

Man arrested after Moncton standoff

A weekend standoff in Moncton has led to charges against a man from the city. The incident happened at a residence on West Lane at around 9 a.m. Saturday. Officers were trying to arrest a man following a break and enter earlier that morning. Mounties said a man allegedly wielded an axe at...

READ MORE
N.S. man using art to bring attention to gender based and intimate partner violence
Posted 3 September 2025

N.S. man using art to bring attention to gender based and intimate partner violence

A Nova Scotia artist is raising awareness of gender based and intimate partner violence. Executive Director of Alchemia Art Workshop and Artist Christopher Quigley created an exhibit called ‘Transformation of Dangerous Spaces’. “We are a non-profit art workshop based in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia....

READ MORE
RCMP say road safety is key during back to school
News by News
Posted 3 September 2025

RCMP say road safety is key during back to school

Lots of littles will be excited to board the bus for the first time. RCMP are out with some road safety reminders ahead of the first day of school Thursday. You’re asked to be extra careful with the added traffic and pedestrians, and to slow down in school zones. If you speed through the zone,...

READ MORE
Hundreds of evacuees in Annapolis Co. return home after Long Lake fire
Posted 3 September 2025

Hundreds of evacuees in Annapolis Co. return home after Long Lake fire

Hundreds of Annapolis County residents were able to return home, Wednesday, after being forced from their homes last month due to the Long Lake wildfire. The re-entry process is a phased approach: 9 a.m.: all streets around Trout Lake 11 a.m.: Zwicker and East lakes, in New Albany 1 p.m.:...

READ MORE
DFO say enforcement is happening against illegal lobster fishing
News by News
Posted 3 September 2025

DFO say enforcement is happening against illegal lobster fishing

The federal government has their eye on illegal lobster fishing. The Department of Fisheries and Oceans say enforcement is happening in southwestern Nova Scotia. Much of it in St. Mary’s Bay, Digby County, a breeding ground for lobster. Increased activity happens there each summer and fall, as...

READ MORE
Harvest Moon Festival to focus on music, no fireworks this year
Posted 3 September 2025

Harvest Moon Festival to focus on music, no fireworks this year

The Harvest Moon Music Festival returns to downtown Bridgewater September 19 and 20 with two nights of live concerts — but without fireworks this year. Town officials confirmed that the fireworks display will not take place due to ongoing restrictions and dangerously dry conditions. They further...

READ MORE
Free breakfast coming to N.B. schools with $13M funding
Posted 3 September 2025

Free breakfast coming to N.B. schools with $13M funding

All students in New Brunswick will now receive a free breakfast at school, supported by $13 million in funding from the federal and provincial governments. The province is expanding its school food program to include every public school, starting for the 2025 school year. Premier Susan Holt said...

READ MORE