As of Tuesday, there will be no more capacity limits indoors and the requirement to provide proof of vaccination for all settings will not be required, although businesses have the option to continue to ask for it.

The mask mandate will remain in place for the time being, with Dr. Kieran Moore, the province’s Chief Medical of Officer of Health, previously indicating that it will be lifted simultaneously across most sectors.

Premier Doug Ford told reporters on Monday that the date could be after March Break.

Dr. Moore says if the need to wear masks is lifted, some may continue to choose to wear them and we should respect that choice.

“Masking does remain an important tool in our toolbox, and even when it’s no longer required in public settings it will continue to be an effective tool for reducing transmission and protecting those recovering from illness,” said Dr. Moore.

Dr. Moore says isolation requirements when you are sick will also be reviewed.

 

With files from Kevin Jeffrey & Randy Thoms (CFOB Fort Frances)